With over 1 million members across more than 220 locations, Pure Gym is the UK’s favorite gym chain. As a 6th class student, if you’re considering joining PureGym, this comprehensive guide tells you everything you need to know, from membership options to facilities and tips to get the most out of your workouts.
PureGym can be a great option for students looking for an affordable gym membership. They offer a discounted student rate of just £10.99 per month when you show your student ID. This gets you access to all cardio devices, weights, and other gym equipment. While Pure Gym Skills don’t have pools or spas, they have everything you need for a good workout session after school or on weekends.
As a 6th class student, you can take advantage of the flexibility Pure Gym offers. There are no long-term contracts so that you can cancel anytime. Their gyms are open 24 hours, which is perfect if you want to work out late at night after studying. The gym can get crowded right after school hours, so aim to go early morning, late at night, or on weekends for the best experience.
Table of contents
- An Overview of PureGym
- Breaking Down the PureGym Membership Options
- What to Expect from PureGym Facilities and Classes
- Pros and Cons of Pure Gym Membership
- Who Is Pure Gym Good For?
- Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Pure Gym Membership
- Ready to Join the UK’s Favourite Gym?
- Pure Gym FAQS
- Related Posts
An Overview of PureGym
Founded in 2009, PureGym set out to make fitness available and cheap for all. They offer 24-hour access to a wide range of high-quality gym equipment and classes, with no-contract monthly memberships starting at just £10.99.
PureGym provides a loose, suitable fitness option with a focus on value. While you won’t find spas, pools, or towel service, you will find all the essentials you need for a great workout. PureGym aims to remove barriers to getting active and support members in achieving their fitness goals.
Mission: Making Fitness Accessible
PureGym’s journey began with a noble mission – to break down the walls that prevent people from living a healthy, active life. The creators of PureGym believed that everyone, regardless of their background or income, should have access to high-quality fitness skills. This mission is not just words on paper; it’s something they’ve turned into a reality.
Affordability: Budget-Friendly Memberships
One of the standout features of PureGym is its affordability. For as low as £10.99 per month, you can become a member and enjoy the benefits of this fitness haven. What’s even more impressive is that PureGym offers a no-contract membership option. This means that you’re not tied down to a long-term commitment. If your circumstances change, or you want to try a different gym, you’re free to do so without any financial penalties.
No Frills, All Essentials:
PureGym is not your typical fancy, upscale gym. You won’t find luxuries like spas, swimming pools, or towel service here. However, what you will find are the essentials you need for a fantastic workout. The gym is equipped with a wide array of high-quality exercise machines, free weights, and cardio equipment. Whether you’re into weightlifting, cardio workouts, or group classes, PureGym has got you covered.
Breaking Down the PureGym Membership Options
One of the big advantages of PureGym is flexibility – there are no long-term contracts, and you can cancel your membership with 1 month’s notice. Here are the main membership types and prices:
- Standard – £19.99 per month for full 24/7 access
- Off-Peak – £10.99 per month for access Mon-Fri before 4 pm and all weekend
- Student – £10.99 per month with verification of full-time student status
You can also upgrade your membership to include perks like unlimited fitness classes, personal training sessions, and the ability to bring a friend or family member. PureGym sometimes offers discounts on joining fees and other promotions as well.
What to Expect from PureGym Facilities and Classes
Pure Gym locations are designed for function over form. The no-frills facilities make efficient use of space to pack in high-quality equipment and amenities, including:
- A full range of cardio machines like treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes
- Strength training zones with weight machines, free weights, benches, racks
- Large open workout areas with flooring and mirrors for exercises like yoga, aerobics
- Small group exercise studios for classes like cycling, circuits, boxing
- Locker rooms and showers
- Vending machines stocked with drinks and snacks
Group fitness classes are included with some memberships or can be added on. Class types vary by location but typically include popular options like indoor cycling, yoga, Zumba, Bodypump, HIIT workouts, and more.
Pros and Cons of Pure Gym Membership
- Affordable pricing with flexible no-contract memberships
- 24 hour gym access for convenience
- Good variety of high-quality equipment and classes
- Excellent value for money compared to pricier chains
- Relaxed, non-intimidating workout environment
- No swimming pools, saunas, towel service, or spa extras
- It can get busy during peak hours, especially in January.
- Limited class schedules at some locations
- Must bring your own padlock and water bottle
Who Is Pure Gym Good For?
PureGym is an excellent choice for:
- People seeking an affordable gym option with flexible terms
- Those with shifting schedules who want 24/7 access
- Beginner and casual gym-goers looking for a comfortable environment
- Members who need the basics for a solid workout
- Anyone who values budget and convenience in a gym
The low prices and nationwide locations make Pure Gym accessible to almost any fitness enthusiast. You can always supplement with other activities like swimming, team sports, and yoga if you want amenities PureGym lacks.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Pure Gym Membership
Take advantage of everything Pure Gym has to offer by:
- Trying out classes to find your favorites and add variety to your routine
- Using 24-hour access to beat the crowds during off-peak times
- Downloading the PureGym app to book classes, log workouts, etc.
- Incorporating both cardio and strength training into your workouts
- Seeing a personal trainer to perfect your technique and maximize results
- Bringing your padlock, towel, and full water bottle every visit
- Checking schedules – class times vary across locations
Ready to Join the UK’s Favourite Gym?
With excellent value, flexible terms, and nationwide locations, PureGym removes barriers to convenient fitness. Whether you’re a beginner getting started or a seasoned gym-goer looking to save money, PureGym has something for you.
This guide tells you everything you need to know – from membership options to facilities and features to pro tips. So join the 1+ million members enjoying affordable, 24/7 access to quality fitness with PureGym!
Pure Gym FAQS
Yes, as a PureGym member, you can visit twice in one day as the gyms are open 24/7.
PureGym doesn’t make it too difficult to cancel – you need to give 1 month’s notice by contacting them.
Yes, Pure Gym is easy to cancel. You can do it through your online account or by contacting customer service.
No, there is no fee to cancel your PureGym membership if you provide 1 month’s notice.
Yes, PureGym locations have locker rooms with showers available for member use before and after workouts.